Author Topic: Challenges  (Read 5590 times)

Offline Keb

• I once was a
  • Real Nice Person
  • I laughed til I stopped.
    • View Profile
Challenges
« on: May 21, 2008, 11:08:31 PM »
We are now set up so we can run Challenge matches. I know we are still in the infant stages of the site but this will be another fun option down the road. We will set up a special gallery for challenges when the time comes that will be featured on the Home Page and in the Contest Area. Scoring and comments will work the same as our contests work.
This is a working list and nothing is final:

Guidelines
1. Agree on the type of contest you want to have in this forum by starting a new thread.
 a. Length of contest.
 b. Contest stipulations like subject and time frame.
 c. Stakes of the contest.
 d. Be specific in the instructions.

2. Post the options you agree on in this forum by adding to the thread you started.
3. E-mail your images to me through the site message system.
4. I will set up the contest for how ever long you decide on and start it when you want.

Offline didereaux

• Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Challenges
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »
If we challenge someone and say make a bet ...say some of our trinkets.  can you add and subtract them for the contestants?

could be a good way to put those things to use!  ;)

dd

Offline Keb

• I once was a
  • Real Nice Person
  • I laughed til I stopped.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
Yes we can do that.

Offline JannaR

• Coffee is my friend.
  • Awesome
  • My son is my Hero!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 05:29:14 PM »
I still like the Winatars & Losatars. Some of them were hilarious!

Offline Hitspinner

• Awesome
  • A man has never been shot for doing the dishes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »
I just found this! Cool idea. I'm in. Of course the last post on this was in May so I dunno if there is any interest.
Hitspinner the Wise and occasionally, Merciful Lord of Illusionary Mischief

Offline JannaR

• Coffee is my friend.
  • Awesome
  • My son is my Hero!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »
I'm always up for a challenge! But it'll have to wait until Monday(Nov.3rd) at least. I will be done cleaning by then & I can devote my full attention to the important things in life. Like eating, sleeping & chopping.

;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:30:08 AM by JannaR »

Offline Hitspinner

• Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 11:23:06 PM »
 :-\
Cool. How's this work?

Offline mashby

• Beer Monger
  • Real Nice Person
  • Beer is good food.
    • View Profile
    • Beer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 11:30:52 PM »
Two or more members throw down a gauntlet (or whatever challenge object you can think of). Terms and conditions for a challenge are determined in a thread in this board. An admin will set up a special contest for the challenge. Said admin will also "police" each entry to make sure only those members who accepted terms and conditions are the authors. It'll be just like any other contest after that. It will appear on the Calendar and all that jazz. Registered members can vote as usual. All entry/vote dates are set forth in the terms and conditions established by the players. Offer not valid in Tennessee.
 8)
Time is always on your side until you run out of it.

Offline WizFomOz

• Awesome
  • ARS GRATIA ARTIS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 02:26:40 AM »
"I'm in for any challenge. just show me where to point my loaded cursor! 8)

Offline Hitspinner

• Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 10:18:18 PM »
subject?

Offline WizFomOz

• Awesome
  • ARS GRATIA ARTIS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »

Offline Hitspinner

• Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 04:03:52 PM »
subject?

"You choose HS!" ;D

Hmmm I just woke up and you're making me think LOL. Well, what are we both good at? Science fiction stuff... that, seems to be a common ground. I got it. Hybrid alien life form. Cool to use parts of existing images but the final has to be something entirely new and preferably menacing as hell. Does that sound appealing?

Offline Hitspinner

• Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 04:47:23 AM »
subject?

"You choose HS!" ;D

Hmmm I just woke up and you're making me think LOL. Well, what are we both good at? Science fiction stuff... that, seems to be a common ground. I got it. Hybrid alien life form. Cool to use parts of existing images but the final has to be something entirely new and preferably menacing as hell. Does that sound appealing?

Hitspinner drums fingers on the desk waiting for a reply. LOL Any other guidelines?

Offline WizFomOz

• Awesome
  • ARS GRATIA ARTIS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »
subject?

"You choose HS!" ;D

Hitspinner drums fingers on the desk waiting for a reply. LOL Any other guidelines?

Well we better start setting the up the rules of engagement, see Keb's list 1-4 above,
1. Agreed we're doing Hybrid life forms yes, but lets keep it loose, I don't want to do another 'Transformers' chop if I can help it.
    Alien options:- Well as Big or as Small as your imagination... ANYTHING as long as it's TOTALLY F@CKING ALIEN ;-) LOL!
2. 'Length of Contest': What do you reckon HS, 7 working days from formally throwing down the gauntlet! yeh! Let's let Keb know when we start,
    You can have the honour of doing that since it's your challenge.
3. Stakes: My mischievous mind reckons that the 'Winner' can specify what the 'Loser' has  to do on a 'WTF Wednesday'  Mashby Contest.
    Make that poor loser go through pixel hell and back to upload something really embarrassing, funny or stupid depending on how evil you wanna
    be to the poor sod! LOL! I'm starting my list for you already HS! ;-)
4. Do we make this a H2H or do we open it to all those other 'chopnuts' out there... Nah! it will spoil number 3. (Stakes) This is personal,
    Ya better believe it Pilgrim! (In my best John Wayne voice)

OK HS, let's shake on it if you agree and let Keb know what, where and when.

May the best chop win :D

Wiz

Offline Hitspinner

• Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 10:26:15 PM »
subject?

"You choose HS!" ;D

Well we better start setting the up the rules of engagement, see Keb's list 1-4 above,
1. Agreed we're doing Hybrid life forms yes, but lets keep it loose, I don't want to do another 'Transformers' chop if I can help it.
    Alien options:- Well as Big or as Small as your imagination... ANYTHING as long as it's TOTALLY F@CKING ALIEN ;-) LOL!
2. 'Length of Contest': What do you reckon HS, 7 working days from formally throwing down the gauntlet! yeh! Let's let Keb know when we start,
    You can have the honour of doing that since it's your challenge.
3. Stakes: My mischievous mind reckons that the 'Winner' can specify what the 'Loser' has  to do on a 'WTF Wednesday'  Mashby Contest.
    Make that poor loser go through pixel hell and back to upload something really embarrassing, funny or stupid depending on how evil you wanna
    be to the poor sod! LOL! I'm starting my list for you already HS! ;-)
4. Do we make this a H2H or do we open it to all those other 'chopnuts' out there... Nah! it will spoil number 3. (Stakes) This is personal,
    Ya better believe it Pilgrim! (In my best John Wayne voice)

OK HS, let's shake on it if you agree and let Keb know what, where and when.

May the best chop win :D

Wiz

7 days! I can do it in 7 hrs but 7 days is good if that works for your schedule. Okay Sat at 3:00 PM EST is submission deadline. Voting begins then.
Is there a limit to one chop each or 2 or 3?
Okay with me, no mechanized alien types. Keep it organic carbon or silica based. Anything that would follow a plausable DNA  molecular permutation.
Stakes: Looser chops himself as a brainless moron or something? Something like that, if I am tracking correctly on your suggestion? Start time is today?

choppix logo
Magic Pixie Dust aka jQuerySome stuff powered by jQuery
4056 entries in 904 contests